Digital Advertising & Marketing 301 - Preview
Watch The Digital 301 Preview Video. Full course coming Fall 2018
Digital 301 Will Be Coming Soon. Until then, check out the preview video!
- Location Targeting: IP, Wifi, GPS. What’s the difference between these types of targeting and how do they work on Desktop and Mobile?
- Beacons: What is Beacon technology, how is it different from GPS, and best practices.
- Retargeting: We’ve all seen a retargeting ad campaign, but how does it work?
- Bid Requests: Part of the RTB (Real Time Bidding) process of course requires someone to bid. But how does that work and what exactly are they bidding on?
- Research: Research is how you can decide what to say, where to say it, and sell through your ideas. We review helpful tools and show you how the pros do it.
- Platform Demos: You’ve heard of these platforms, and you may even understand what they do. But have you ever used them? We see how to setup real-life campaigns in three major ad-tech platforms.
- Demand Side Platform (DSP)
- Supply Side Platform (SSP)
- Facebook Power Editor
- Contract Negotiations: Once you’ve decided where you want to run an ad campaign, you need to buy the media. But large budgets will give you the ability to negotiate things like pricing and flights. We review the process and parties involved.
- Ad Blocking: Ad Blocking is a HUGE issue in the industry. We review how it works, ad blocking companies, and the industry’s response.
Ben Silverstein is an award winning digital media professional with over a decade of experience working in the digital space. He's managed hundreds of millions of dollars for local, national, and international brands including Six Flags Amusement Parks, Giorgio Armani, Cafe de Columbia, William Grant & Sons, and the FDA Real Cost which won a 2015 gold Effie in the Disease Awareness and Education category. When he's not teaching, Silverstein works full time in the mobile advertising space, and is a consultant for the IAB's Learning & Development and certification group.