Digital Advertising & Marketing 301: The Professional Course
Learn what the pros know about digital advertisingWatch Promo
To be successful in today’s digital advertising industry you need to keep up with new products, trends, and companies. But without on the job training, this can be difficult. In this course I explain important topics and how it applies to major brands and businesses.
I also review companies that specialize in these products. I don’t just explain location targeting or how retargeting works, but I show you the companies that specialize in those products so you have a clearer picture of the space.
If you work in advertising, media, digital, or any combination of those then this course is for you. Go beyond asking for geo-targeted media and learn the difference between the types of targeting available to make a more informed buy. Don’t just know the difference between a DSP and SSP, see a real-life example of how to setup a campaign in these platforms.
Need to negotiate a contract? I walk through the process, parties involved, and give advice on how to handle it. Worried about Ad Blocking? I explain how it works and how the industry has responded.
I even include interviews with industry experts from major companies like Google. These experts have decades of experience and work for some of the largest and most popular companies in the world. They share insights and knowledge about the space that can only come from someone who’s currently working in a senior management position.
- Location Targeting: IP, Wifi, GPS. What’s the difference between these types of targeting and how do they work on Desktop and Mobile?
- Beacons: What is Beacon technology, how is it different from GPS, and best practices.
- Retargeting: We’ve all seen a retargeting ad campaign, but how does it work?
- Bid Requests: Part of the RTB (Real Time Bidding) process of course requires someone to bid. But how does that work and what exactly are they bidding on?
- Research: Research is how you can decide what to say, where to say it, and sell through your ideas. We review helpful tools and show you how the pros do it.
- Platform Demos: You’ve heard of these platforms, and you may even understand what they do. But have you ever used them? We see how to setup real-life campaigns in three major ad-tech platforms.
- Demand Side Platform (DSP)
- Supply Side Platform (SSP)
- Facebook Power Editor
- Contract Negotiations: Once you’ve decided where you want to run an ad campaign, you need to buy the media. But large budgets will give you the ability to negotiate things like pricing and flights. We review the process and parties involved.
- Ad Blocking: Ad Blocking is a HUGE issue in the industry. We review how it works, ad blocking companies, and the industry’s response.
- Social Listening: How to do companies know what people are saying about you? Social listening. But this is so much more than just doing a Facebook or Twitter search. I do a demo of a real Social Listening platform.
- Interviews with Industry Experts
Reviews from Other Courses
Digital Advertising & Marketing 101
★★★★★ “The real-world examples almost makes it self-explanatory. Professionally done and author speaks with authority - i.e. he knows what he's talking about and it shows.” - AJ Du Toit
★★★★★ “Thought this was an excellent introduction course. Working in the industry without a huge amount of experience in this area, it was a great way to familiarize myself with topics in ongoing conversations internally and externally. Will be taking 201 to further my understanding.” - Jocleyn Armour
★★★★★ “It is advertised as a 101 course and it did exactly that and very well, touching on the building blocks of Digital Advertising and Marketing. Good job Ben.” - Jean C
Digital Advertising & Marketing 201
★★★★★ “When combined with Ben's 101 course, the two classes make for a thorough and well-organized primer on digital media today. Perfect for marketing people and agency folks (creative, account) who are not immersed in a media agency. It will give you a foundation for how digital media is structured, a clear explanation of the jargon and acronyms you'll hear bantered about, and a better understanding of the opportunities available. The 201 course goes into important detail about some of the key changes that have taken place in digital advertising recently. Ben explains the concepts clearly and succinctly. Definitely worth the time investment.” - Shawn E Fraser
★★★★★ “This course is amazing. I do affiliate marketing and always wanted to learn about programmatic advertising and this course me taught that. I completed this for an interview and the employer was really impressed by the knowledge I had. Hope there is another in-depth version of this course. Where he goes into ad platforms or ad servers and teaches the real world applications.” - Suryameet Singh
★★★★★ “Comprehensive overview...detailed!” - Kaithlean Crotty-Clark
Introduction to Programmatic Advertising
★★★★★ “I'm in advertising sales and have been looking for a clean easy way to explain and also test my root knowledge of the programmatic ad space. It was very helpful and simple to understand which is hard to do with this topic.” - Raul Bonilla
★★★★★ "Being an advertising agency media planner and buyer, having this hands on information helps when we face a decision to go into the digital advertising space. Your 101 and 201 was extremely informative and truly like your overviews in a very simplistic explanation. Thank you and look forward to your future courses." - Diane Tody
So sign-up, take notes, and let’s get started!
I'm an award winning digital media professional with over a decade and a half of experience working in the digital space. I've managed hundreds of millions of dollars for local, national, and international brands including Six Flags Amusement Parks, Giorgio Armani, Cafe de Columbia, William Grant & Sons, and the FDA Real Cost which won a 2015 gold Effie in the Disease Awareness and Education category.
Since 2015 my online courses have been taken by over 60,000 students around the world, with thousands of five-star reviews.
When I'm not teaching, I work full time in the advertising space, speak at conferences, or I'm at home in NYC watching the Buffalo Bills!
I can't wait to see you in class!